Since we changed subject lines.

Sneaky would be replacing ads.doubleclick.com with ads.msu.edu which would
be an ad server advertising stuff interesting to the MSU community, campus
events, student orgs, information, frat party's, etc. since it would be on
campus, it wouldnt count towards our merit bill.  :) (I -do- realize this
opens a whole other can of worms.)

An alternative would be to cache the real link, and if someone clicked on
it, it could be proxied through with like an IP number like have it say
"MSU adblock- please click here to view the ad."

The biggest problem/minor annoyance I have had is the right side of the
google search page. Those links redirect to google-syndicate.com (which i
block) which then redirects to the actual site. If I am interested in the
advertised site, I have to manually cut n paste the real url (listed at
the bottom of the blip) into the browser.)