Thanks for the update Charlot.  I like the concept but the price sure looks like the proverbial camel’s nose under the tent to me.  I see virtualization and disaster recovery as inextricably linked.  Unfortunately, almost everything that I have seen in the areas of virtualization and/or disaster recovery is either free or very expensive.  So far I have mostly come down on the side of free but that can have its problems down the road.  I like the concept of getting 90% of the product that I want for 10% of the price.  Symantec Ghost Solutions Suite is that type of product in the disaster recovery arena.  VMWare Server looks like it might be the other part if I can work out how to convert Ghost 11 images to VMWare virtual servers.

From: Charlot, Firmin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 2:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] VMware Virtualization foundation promotion

If you have virtualization on your mind, you may be interested in this promotion from VMware.  Further discounts are available if you get pricing through our Dell Rep.

http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/foundationpromo.html?elq=A957D2459A8D444B8DB1C444E9C49982

Firmin Charlot, MCSE, A+, Information Systems Manager
Educational and Support Services   162 Student Services Building   East Lansing, MI 48824
[log in to unmask]  (517) 432-7541
Submit technical requests at
http://help.ess.msu.edu/

http://www.eset.com