Windows folks:

We used to run FTP for users to access their files in their home
directories from either out of the building using our RRAS vpn or on
those older systems (NT-98) that don't directly access them through
shares.  However recently we have disabled that because of the very
unsecure nature of FTP.  We would like to provide SFTP functionality as
people tend to not like that we took regular FTP away.

I found a free solution from freeftpd.com but I would like it to be
integrated with IIS but I just don't know if that's possible...whereas
for websites you can enable SSL, you can't for FTP sites.  I even just
installed IIS7 on the test box I have with WinServer2008 RC0 and it
seems that all web services have been updated in IIS7...however if you
want to use FTP services it dumps you back into its IIS6 console with
all the same options...so much for the hope they would have updated
that...

Any creative ideas/options anyone else has implemented?

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE

Windows Systems Administrator

Department of Physics and Astronomy

Michigan State University