From: Matt Holtz [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:57 AM
To: Laurence Bates
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] E-mail Issues

I can't speak for the College of Ed, but my wife is a PhD candidate in
the Comm Arts department.  She writes for grants all day.  I asked her
last night and she told me that regardless of the email system they
never use email for grants.  They use certified mail, fax, or telephone.

Laurence Bates wrote:
> In the College of Education there may be 30-40 faculty members working on
6
> or 7 figure deals at any given time.  I think that it is fair to say that
> they are not aware that email is not a reliable enough transaction medium
> for their activities.  I think that it is also fair to say that certain of
> them will "significantly perturbed" if their work turns out to be
> jeopardized through email delays.

:-)

http://www.eset.com