Hello all,

I’m trying to activate a laptop that I’ve upgraded to an MSU volume-license copy of Vista Business, and I’m getting an error:

“A problem occurred when Windows tried to activate. Error code 0x8007232B.”

Looking into this error, I find that it happens because the activating system can’t find a Key Management Server for our volume license to validate our license. I’ve activated other Vista Business computers using this license before and it worked fine. Is there something I’m doing wrong, or is one of our campus servers not doing its job right now? Do we even HAVE a KMS machine?

Thomas P. Carter, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1322