There is a utility that I have used successfully for years and it's easy to deploy.  It's called con2prt.exe.  Do a quick google search and you will be able to get to a free download.
Copy it to your netlogon share and create a batch file with the appropriate switches and you are on your way.

- Firm.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Travis Cousineau" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 7/26/07 7:37 PM
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Pesky network printer connection

If you are on server 2003 R2, you can use the new printer deployment tool.
It works great, the only problem, you cannot set a default printer.  This is
not an issue if you do not have any other printers installed, including the
office image writer.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Deploying-Printers-Group
-Policy-Windows-R2.html

Travis Cousineau