Some additional information that I sent to Ehren that others might found useful:

Bah, I dislike following-up to my own messages, but I should have
added that it exists for XP explicitly.  Also, the direct path to the
registry key controlling this setting:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers\LanMan Print
Services\servers\addprintdrivers

Set it to 0.

dpk