From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of David McFarlane
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 3:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] 2 Virtualization Qs

I am building a new machine and want to use virtualization to run
Microsoft
Vista, Linux, etc.  I would like your opinions on two related questions:

1) VMWare vs. Microsoft Virtual PC?

2 )Linux (or FreeBSD) as host OS with Vista as a guest, vs. Vista as
host
OS with Linux (or FreeBSD) as guest?

Thanks,
-- David McFarlane, Systems Designer
    Dept. Psychology, Michigan State University
    [log in to unmask]    www.msu.edu/~mcfarla9
    Voice: (517) 353-0799    Fax: (517) 353-1652