The new contract is a renewal of our previous contract for Symantec Corporate Edition that expires 6/30/07.  We have the current version media in stock (ver. 10.2).  As in the past there are no install codes or license files.  Your MSU Computer Store sales receipt is your proof of license ownership.  There should be no issues upgrading to version ten over top of version eight or nine.  You can find out more about Symantec Corporate Edition at the following link: http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/products/overview.jsp?pcid=2241&pvid=805_1.

/r

From: Chris Wolf [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 2:04 PM
To: 'Ron Rivard'; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: [MSUNAG] Symantec Anti-virus renewal update

Can you tell us how the renewal will be accomplished on each computer? Is it a matter of just reauthorizing the software using a code number or a license file, or will it require a complete installation? Will it make any difference which version of SAVCE is installed on the computer? We probably still have a few computers covered under the previous license that have whatever release of the software was current at the beginning of the license period (8 or 9) while others are running version 10. Thanks.