> I would strongly prefer the idea of using FreeBSD as the
> host.  The idea of trying to do secure things with an
> unsecure op system around you doesn't make me feel great.
> Then again, I'm no expert in virtual systems -- can you have
> FreeBSD as the host?

I also would prefer to have FreeBSD as the host OS.  Unfortunately,
that is not currently a possibility with current VMWare server
as they like to do kernel module magic so binary compatibility
won't even do the trick.  I've had to fall back to an Ubuntu server
as the host, which has worked out quite well so far.

-Russell