This message is going out to MSU deans, directors, and chairs. We try to
forward such notes to NAG as a heads-up.

/rich

Academic Computing and Network Services (ACNS), working with Physical Plant,
will install a transfer switch that will provide an alternate power source
for datacenter HVAC systems in the event of an emergency.

This will require us to shut down HVAC systems briefly - for about 20
minutes - on both Tuesday, May 8 at 5:00 p.m. and Thursday, May 10 at 5:00
p.m.

We anticipate that all core computing services will operate without
interruption during these two maintenance periods.  However, as is the case
with all maintenance work, there is a slight chance that problems may arise
and that service interruptions will occur.  In this unlikely event,
information will be available at http://servicestatus.msu.edu and by phone
at the ACNS Help Desk, 517-432-6200.

For more information, please see
http://techbase.msu.edu/viewpathfinder.asp?id=8135

Please pass this notice on to appropriate staff in your unit.

Tom Davis, Director
Academic Computing and Network Services

Celebrating 50 Years of Computing at MSU
computing.msu.edu/50years