At 04:54 PM 5/3/2007, John Resotko wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I know the computer store offers both SAS and SPSS statistical software
>packages.  Has anyone worked with Stata ( http://www.stata.com/ ) and
>does anyone have a site license for their department or college for this
>software?  I'm interested to hear your experiences with the software,
>and how it stacks up against SPSS and SAS, both in terms of
>features/performance and pricing.  Any information you can provide would
>be greatly appreciated.

John,

There is a comparison of SAS, SPSS, and Strata here, which you may find useful.

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/technicalreports/

It has been many years since I've worked directly with statistical software myself, but it was interesting to read anyway.  It covers everything from pricing, licensing, installation, through doing the actual statistical analyses.

John Gorentz
Computer Services Manager
W.K. Kellogg Biological Station