Peter,

Since I heard about USC using GMail for their campus e-mail in the
past I wondered if MSU ever entertained the idea or was approached by
Google.  I know that Northwestern University and Arizonia State use it
now and that Georgetown is considering.

Not sure what the cost is for MSU, but the idea of each person having
the Google Sheets & Docs (understandably not as good as the desktop
counterparts) available to each person that's connected seems a great
feature to offer.  In addition everyone having access to the Google
Calendar and the possibility of subscribing to class calendars, a
computer lab calendar or other events or persons calendars (maybe a
prof's office hours calendar) to overlay their own calendar seems like
an exciting way to use this technology.

On top of this would be the Gmail service with much more space then
MSU's current e-mail quota, much better SPAM filtering (in my
experience) and the ability to chat in the Gmail interface make it
seem, to me, a very compelling option.

-t

--
Troy D Murray