Any of you seeking a chance to farm in Mi? Please read on

________________________________

Colleagues,

I wanted to share some information with you about farmers who are
looking to transition out of agriculture and who would like to identify
someone younger to work with them with the possibility of developing a
buy-out agreement.  Rose and her husband are seasonal vendors at the
Kalamazoo Farmers' Market.  She recently attended a workshop for
farmers' market vendors that MSU sponsored and she told me of their
interest in finding someone who would continue farming their land. I
asked her to write a brief description that I could share, and here it
is.  I suggest that we share this selectively with people who are
looking for an opportunity to get into this type of farming.

Thanks very much.

Susan

Scobey's Produce
387 139 the. Ave
Wayland, Mi.
49348
1   269- 792-9216

We have a 75  acre vegetable farm by Wayland. With irrigation, cooler,
pole buildings, modern equipment, and a rental house with garage. We now
raise 50 acres of vegetables. If you like you can pick vegetables here
at a price, so you can sell them  for a good profit. Also you can work
here at what ever needs to get done. In your extra time for an hourly
wage. Based on your ability and skills. If you enjoy this way of life,
of farming, picking,  and selling. There is a chance of a partner-ship
or maybe buying us out. We have 30 years of experience and knowledge to
share with you.
Give yourself and chance come and visit.
Good food, fresh air and lots of sun shine and the best customer in the
world.

Susan

Thomas Cary

WMEAC

Sustainable Agriculture & Local Food Systems

616-451-3051

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html