On Monday 12 March 2007 09:02:00 Chris Wolf wrote:
> Since the greylisting went into effect last Wednesday morning, I have not
> received a single spam message, either marked or unmarked, through my
> mail.msu.edu account. Prior to the change I was getting five or ten per
> day, so I would have expected 25 to 50 during those five days.
>
> My MSU mail is forwarded to an Exchange server, where Microsoft's IMF
> filters out the most obvious spam so it doesn't even reach my mailboxes. I
> suspect that without this additional filtering I would still be getting
> some spam from my MSU account, but the improvement from the greylisting is
> still pretty impressive. (During this period I did get a single spam
> message addressed directly to my Exchange mailbox, which of course is
> unaffected by the greylisting.)
>
> Are others also seeing a dramatic improvement?
>
> --Chris

Yeah, I'm seeing *a lot* fewer spams in my spam folder, but a fair
number crawled into my inbox from last night to this morning.  It's
down.  My problem is that I'm on the weirdest lists, mostly from Asia
from real companies doing things like  speciality fabrications (if you
ever need triangular extruded Magnesium bars, let me know--I think
I get a comission).

But the number of everything has gone down.  I have 27 spams
right now in the spambox, and thats in 20+ hours.  Thats a huge
decrease for me.

Hats off to the MSU email team.

--STeve Andre'
Political Science