From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of John Resotko
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Linux application server question

A quick question for anyone out there running Linux servers to manage
media files: is anyone using Flash Media Server from Macromedia/Adobe on
a Linux server?  Back when Macromedia ran the show, I believe they
supported several Linux flavors officially.  Since the Adobe buyout,
they only officially support the product on RedHat Linux, and I
personally would rather not pay for RedHat Enterprise server just to
support this applcation when I have perfectly good SUSE Linux servers up
and running now.

If anyone out there has Flash Media server running on a Linux other
than Red Hat, I would love to hear from you about any issues you've had
getting it installed and running.  Thanks for any info or web links you
are willing to share.

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1300
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836