FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Deanna Boyden [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 7:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SANS asks for your assistance with Michigan State University

Hello,

SANS is coming to Detroit for Community SANS Detroit at the Dearborn
Doubletree Hotel, February 26 - March 3, https://www.sans.org/detroit07/.

The Community SANS program focuses on bringing SANS conference courses  to
communities like Detroit so more people within your organization can get the
benefits of taking a SANS course.  Each attendee will save significantly on
the total cost by not having to spend the additional $2,500 or more to live
away from home for a week.  The tuition fee is approximately 10% lower than
the fees we charge at the regular SANS conferences.

Community SANS Detroit features the following SANS courses:

 - SANS(R) +S(TM) Training Program for the CISSP(R) Certification Exam
 - SANS Hacker Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling

In order to make sure the event is successful we need to have 20-25 people
enrolled in each course.  We're not sure we can do that from our existing
network.  So, we're reaching out to alumni of SANS courses like you and a
few other people to help ensure we have the support and that we choose the
right time and the right courses.

Will you please help us make this a successful event so that we can return
to Detroit in 2008?  Please do two things for us:

1.  Share the information about this Community SANS conference with your
colleagues at Michigan State University.  Please let your colleagues
know that they can
receive a 10% discount on either course offered at Community SANS Detroit
because you are a SANS alum.  Have your colleagues send me an email, to
[log in to unmask], requesting the discount code.

2.  Tell Michigan State University's Information Security Officer and
training department about Community SANS Detroit, or send us contact
information for the appropriate individuals and we can forward this
information to them directly.  Once again, please share with the
appropriate people that anyone in your organization can receive a 10%
discount on either course offered at Community SANS Detroit because you
are a SANS alum.

We appreciate your assistance.

If you have any questions, please send them to me via email,
Deanna Boyden
Community SANS Program
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 514-605-5140