Using MS Certificate Server you can set up a full blown PKI,
complete with client auto-enrollment for user certificates, EFS
(encrypted file system), and PGP-like security for exchange users.

Having MS's Public Key Infrastructure actually makes EFS useful as
the key isn't stored on the machine that you are encrypting.

It all seems like a nice solution.  Although, I have only read about
it and dreamt of having the time to set it up.  It certainly doesn't
look like a small undertaking. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/pki/default.mspx

If you decide to go for this or some other solution please share
experience.

Bryan Murphy | CISSP, MCP |
IT Coordinator | MSU Plant Research Lab & Plant Biology
http://infotech.prl.msu.edu