From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of FCE IT Help Desk - Adell
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 2:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Windows XP Firewall

Hi,

I have a stand alone Windows XP box that has the firewall forced off.  I

had to go in and turn the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
(ICS) on.  I then went to view the status of the firewall and everything

is grayed out and firewall remains off.  This computer is not in an
domain and I have not configured any group policy but the message in the

firewall says, "For security, some settings are controlled by Group
Policy."  Has anyone run into this and if so how did you resolve it?
Oh, Windows firewall service will stop in about 5 minutes and has to be
restarted.  This may be related to the group policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Adell Flourry Jr.
Microcomputer Hardware/Software Coordinator