From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of John Valenti
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Win98 boot cd supporting SATA cdrw

hi,

I bought new lab computers and I'm trying to figure out how to get an
image onto them. My old method used a Win98 emergency boot floppy turned
into a boot CD. Then use DriveImage to load the image from the dvd onto
the hard disk.

The new computers don't have any IDE devices. Win98 boots up, but
doesn't see the dvd/cd.

A quick search for a SATA driver that works with Win98 didn't turn up
anything.

I should re-engineer this process to use something more modern (or load
the image over the net), but was hoping for a quick solution to get them
running. Any ideas?

 -John