From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of STeve Andre'
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 3:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Apparently a zero-day attack using Word is happening

Certainly a clever program could send out two emails in an
attempt to spoof the OOB message, but it won't look like the
style of someone known.  Your idea of putting text in the
body of the message is good, but is equally spoofable, I'd
think, in that it could generate a long winded gasbag
explaination of what the attachment is.  For either idea,
the best defense here is the originality of a person's writing.

Agreed about bad habbits.  The number of no-subject emails
I have in my work archive is amazing.

--STeve Andre'