After recent talks with representatives from Adobe, we have learned that
Adobe is responding to the overwhelmingly negative feedback it has received
from Educational partners in regards to the newly implemented Adobe License
Manager (ALM) System.

According to Adobe, as of December 27th, the ALM system was to be
defaulted to Serial Number Only registration for new installations of Adobe
Acrobat.  Meaning that no "e-Licenses" need to be setup by the end users.
You will still be prompted to download the e-License, but you will be able
to receive an e-License even if you did not set one up.  We were also
informed that by mid to late January Adobe plans to cut ALL ALM
administration on the back-end of the Adobe systems, meaning there will be
no overdraft issues or e-Licenses to deal with.  It will work the way
Acrobat 7 did, where the serial number is all you will need to register and
activate products.

In the meantime if you have any questions or issues with new or previous
installations you should contact Adobe Technical Support at 800-443-8158
or 800-642-3623.

Ron Rivard
Manager, MSU Computer Store
110 Computer Center