I ordered 35 licenses for Acrobat Standard last week. Was hoping to
install a copy on Wednesday, when I ran into this ALM crap. After
getting a few screens deep into it, I decided to wait until I was in
a better mood. (this adds to the other recent licensing screw-up with
SPSS, still putting people off on that one)

I had been waiting sometime for version 8 to come out, since our
version 5 was getting pretty dated. I also ordered Office 2007 last
week, to finally upgrade our Office 2000. I considered waiting on
Acrobat to see how the PDF creation included in Office works out, if
I had known about ALM I would have waited.

Oh, why are people ordering the Acrobat Pro version?  (just trying to
keep up with what's popular) The only advantage I saw was that it
created forms, but it seemed like I could just buy one copy of Pro if
we ever wanted to do that.

-John   (still not in a better mood)