If I may, I'd like to point out that putting up an instruction on a web
site that states that, "We don't have a valid certificate, please say
yes to the dialog" is not in our best interest.  IE7 is an opportunity
for us to ingrain good habits within our users, and our ability to say
plainly, "When you are using a work-owned computer and see that warning,
please say no and do not continue."  Otherwise, we are essentially
teaching them to ignore all security warnings on the Internet (or at
least the most stringently worded one, and the others will be ignored as
well).  Most of our users are not sophisticated enough to understand the
vagaries of digital certificates and make choices as we do.  (I'm not
accusing Mr. Wiggins of stating the above was his intention; his post
reminded me of this problem.)

I hope that University-wide web services (wifi, e-mail, HR, etc.) take
this opportunity to heart and acquire legitimate certificates.

If I remember correctly, certificates may be acquired through AIS (my
apologies if I'm wrong on this, Mr. Porter!)

In the interests of full-disclosure, my dept.s very-own Exchange
web-access client does not have a valid cert. (where's that to-do list I
started?)

Brian Hoort