From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of John Valenti
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Website developer / webmaster

Just wondering if any departments have had good success with website
developers, or out-sourced webmasters.  We have tried several strategies
over the last few years and generally haven't been happy with the results.
(*)

I hear that ACNS and Purchasing are working on a project to pre- authorize
contractors for website development. Any news on that?

Our website is quite complex (web credit registrations for outreach courses,
frequently updated training programs and distributed authoring via
Contribute).

-John

(*) We have used a grad student acting as webmaster/developer. That was
great while it lasted, but trying to find someone to replace them was a
problem.  Since then we have had two different groups on campus update areas
of the our website.