Just wondering if any departments have had good success with website
developers, or out-sourced webmasters.  We have tried several
strategies over the last few years and generally haven't been happy
with the results. (*)

I hear that ACNS and Purchasing are working on a project to pre-
authorize contractors for website development. Any news on that?

Our website is quite complex (web credit registrations for outreach
courses, frequently updated training programs and distributed
authoring via Contribute).

-John

(*) We have used a grad student acting as webmaster/developer. That
was great while it lasted, but trying to find someone to replace them
was a problem.  Since then we have had two different groups on campus
update areas of the our website.