From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Peter J Murray
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] core 2 duo transition to optiplex

Hello

Quick question.  Unless someone has a date, historically, how long does
it take for a new processor line take to come out on the Optiplex line?

I know that Optiplexes move more slowly in regards to innovation than
the Dimension side, but I don't want to order any computers if the Core
2 stuff is around the corner, it is quite a bit faster and cooler than
the current P4 architecture (in fact, it seems that laptops we've
ordered with the original Core Duo processor are faster than a lot of
our current desktops).

Also, is there a Dell rep on campus somewhere?