I wanted to follow up on this issue.  I was contacted by Frank Krieber,
MSU Dell Account manager this morning.  Scott Thomas had gotten in
contact with about my concerns over  the MB/capacitor issue we have been
experiencing.

Frank shared that Dell has automatically extended the warranty of the
GX270 / GX280  install base
to cover any motherboard failures around this capacitor issue till Jan
2008 at no cost the customer.  To obtain service you would call Dell
obtain replacement.

Frank provided a PDF of the Out Of Warranty Support Program stating the
extend warranty coverage on these machines.  It is normally frowned upon
to send file attachments to list servers so if you are interested, let
me know and I will forward a copy of the PDF directly.

Frank assured me that if calling for support and you state you have one
of these systems with the capacitor problem, there should be no issue in
getting a replacement MB sent within the extended warranty period as
their support people have all been informed of the issue and the
extended warranty offering.

Again thanks to all your feed back.  And thanks to Scott Thomas for
making contact with Dell to ensure the issue was addressed.

- Al

--

Al Bray