Does it matter?  I mean the University has many policies and
regulations, probably no one knows or fully understands all of them, we
are still expected to follow them.

I thought that in general we need to make users aware of the usage
policies, but they are still bound by them whether there is an explicit
acceptance or not.

There are also criminal laws that cover much of the really bad things
that a user might do with a computer.

The fact that I've never explicitly accepted the University's traffic
regulations doesn't mean I can speed across campus...

-Tom