I would like to plant wheat as a cover crop (looking for an efficient way
of providing more mulch for potatoes and pumpkins, winter squash.....so I
am looking for a variety that would produce more stalks, and the amount of
wheat grain does not matter........anyone have suggestions?

Also, I have heard that barley as a cover really improves the production of
carrots.  So is there a local variety of barley to grow as a cover?

Thanks!

Susan

Susan Houghton
Giving Tree Farm
15433 Turner Road
Lansing MI 48906
517-482-8885
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html