We are currently re-evaluating not only our backup software, but also the Library/Media we use as part of a   SAN implementation we are planning.

Currently we are using and older one drive Dell PowerVault 120 DLTIV (40/80gb) library that is barely cutting it today let alone when we acquire the SAN and want to move the backup traffic off our LAN and on to the Fibre Channel Network.

Currently I am looking at the Quantum 502 Tape Library with one LTO-3 Ultrium drive (400/800gb) because it seems to have pretty good features for the price point when compared to some of the others.

Just wondering how many people out there are using LTO-3 devices/media, what manufacturer you went with and how it's performing for you.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

- Al
--

Al Bray