We are not aware of any recent letters sent to MSU. The Chronicle article
does not mention Michigan as a state in which recipient institutions reside.

As many of you know, MSU has taken a number of actions to address illegal
file sharing while maintaining the strongest commitment to privacy possible
on the university network.

Past actions include:
* launching Ruckus Network as a legal service for music and movie file
sharing
* broad local media coverage on Ruckus
* direct communications with students regarding file sharing

In addition, to make computers in MSU residence halls less attractive to
file sharing programs, we permit inbound speeds of 10 Mbps, but outbound
speeds are throttled to slower "DSL-like" levels.

More information is available on The Spartan Podcast - Ruckus at MSU, dated
January 24, 2006 @ 10:53 pm on www.spartanpodcast.com

Dave Gift has also offered to speak at a future NAG meeting if we're
interested.

Katherine Ball
Communications Manager
MSU Academic Computing & Network Services
602C Computer Center
East Lansing MI 48824-1042
http://computing.msu.edu
(517) 353-3295 phone