From: Christopher C. Perry [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 12:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Sentinel under non-MS systems

We are running Sentinel under Apache/Tomcat on Debian.  Most of our
problems
were related to getting the correct keys in the correct locations, but
it has
been working relatively well for several years now.  We role our own
apache
and tomcat though, instead of using the distribution installs because
Debian,
though not as bad as red hat, likes to modify the configuration
(distributing
install throughout the OS instead of keeping it separate which we
prefer).
If you have the time and inclination I might suggest downloading
Apache/PHP
and building your own to see if you can get that to work, and then try
diffing the configurations with the red hat install to see if you can
isolate
any offending configurations etc.  At least then you can determine if it
is a
Red Hat specific issue.

Are you getting errors in your logs?  If I understand Sentinel
correctly, what
happens (at least from a tomcat point of view) is that upon redirect to
your
server after user authentication, the token is passed to your server
which
would then make an rpc call to the sentinel service to retrieve the
credentials using the provided token.  If you have a firewall setup, it
could
be blocking the rpc calls, though i would expect that to appear in an
error
log somewhere.  I would suppose that it is also possible that the
Sentinel
client is being sandboxed, or prohibited from establishing an outbound
connection to the Sentinel service.  I haven't used PHP for this
however, so
I don't know how it may differ.

Chris.

Christopher C. Perry