From: Matthew A Kolb [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Need file server or domain controller

Hoort, Brian writes:

> Thank You for the correction -- I did mis-speak.  The unit running the
> domain is AIS, not ACNS.
>
> That said, judging from the job postings flying in the past couple
> months, I'd guess that ACNS is also setting up a domain. Is this at a
> point where anyone would like to share what's going on? Are the two
> units working together to form a campus domain, for instance?

There are cooperative plans in the works.  I am not directly involved at

this point, so I can't speak authoritatively on the matter, however.

Is there general interest in having a central AD instance (for say, ID
management purposes)?

I'd be very interested to hear the group's thoughts on this matter.

./muk