     Conference Notice
August 23-25, 2006, 1st IFOAM International Conference on Animals in
Organic Production.  This conference will focus on important issues
concerning organic livestock and animal husbandry. It will concentrate
upon health and food safety in organic livestock production systems,
marketing trends, innovation in organic livestock production systems and
livestock breeding strategies. Key figures from around the world will
present the diversity of organic livestock systems, including
opportunities and challenges on the horizon. University of Minnesota,
St. Paul, MN.  Details available from IFOAM web site
<http://www.ifoam.org/events/ifoam_conferences/IFOAM_Animal_Production_C
onference.html>  as they are developed.
http://www.ifoam.org/events/ifoam_conferences/IFOAM_Animal_Production_Co
nference.html

 Organic Information Resources- PLEASE OFFER YOUR INPUT to help promote
Mi-based organic info
If you are looking for a WEB site that contains production and marketing
and certification information for ORGANIC production in one site you may
want to take on look at this site. The WEB site is:
http://www.organicaginfo.org/
*        If you like this site perhaps we could use it as Michigan's
base for organic information and begin to build our resources here.
PEASE take a look and see what you think. Please send your feed back to
MICH-ORGANIC listserv (hit reply all on your email) or send it to Vicki
Morrone (hit reply)

Please let me know if you have any ideas how we can build this
interaction. They will also include our site. I am waiting for some
guidance on getting a password as the system blocked me and our MSU
computer staff said it was a problem on their end, so I await their
guidance.

Great Lakes Region Organic and Sustainable Ag Newsletter.
Here is a compilation of research, experiences and resources of a joint
venture from Michigan State University, Illinois and Indiana State
University farmers and researchers. It is a bi-weekly, during the
growing season newsletter and conference call, New Ag Network. This is a
resource about organic and sustainable agriculture production. The
newsletter is comprised of input from organic growers and researchers.
This week's theme is soybean rust and the last issue focused on the
trends and economics of marketing of organic products and integrated
weed management. Take a look at the newsletter at Web site at:
http://www.ipm.msu.edu <http://www.ipm.msu.edu/>