From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Wolf, Chris
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Networked Document Scanning

You've listed exactly the questions that are on my mind. There are a number of these available, from $350 to over $10,000, as well as a "scanner server" device for about $200 that claims to connect most USB scanners for network use.  It's not easy to tell from the vendor information exactly how they work. I'm hoping someone on campus has tried some variation of this and can answer some of the questions or even demonstrate it for me.