http://www.tech-recipes.com/internet_explorer_ie7_tips1188.html

>>> Richard Wiggins <[log in to unmask]> 03/09/06 04:37PM >>>
Several helpful but shy folks sent me private notes with the solution.  It is:

-- Click Start / Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs.

-- Check the checkbox that says "Show updates" at the top of the window.

-- Scroll down the list to find Internet Explorer 7 beta -- it will be
nestled amongst other updates you've made.  Click Uninstall.  You may
see a dialog box warning that other changes made since you installed
IE 7 may be harmed.

-- Restart the computer, and IE 6 is back where it was before IE 7
swallowed it up.

My personal advice: don't install the current beta level of IE 7
unless you absolutely have to, and then only on a sacrificial
computer.  I really wish Microsoft hadn't made it impossible to run
multiple versions of IE on one computer.

Thanks,

/rich