Making the wireless-login situation even worse is that the official
instructions for this at wireless.msu.edu are wrong, so we can't even point
users to a proper set of instructions when they want to know the official
procedure.

Those instructions tell you that in order to register you should just browse
to http://wireless.msu.edu and you will be prompted to log in. This is
completely false; if an unregistered wireless user browses to this address,
it just opens normally in their browser, with no login prompt and no
instruction or link to help them log in.

I reported this last fall and the instructions still haven't been corrected.