Wilson,
Seems like you received plenty of good sugestions about KVM switches to
solve your problem.

I just want to give you a different perspective to the problem. You
probably remember our old IRIX servers. They are still running, in the
same conditions as your Solaris boxes. What I do is that whenever I have
to reboot them is the next: I plug a laptop to the IRIX box, with a
serial cable. The laptop has installed a piece of open source software
that emulates the unix environment and then you can see the whole
shutdown/boot process in the pc monitor.

Is simpler and cheaper. You can stop by whenever you want to check how
the thing works.

oscar

--
Oscar Castaneda