This Earth Café event may be of interest to those in the area. Although it does not focus on organic foods it is promoting local foods. Perhaps a group will replicate this using local, organic foods?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ecological Food and Farm Stewardship [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mitra Elizabeth Sticklen
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: EARTH CAFE APRIL 22 (forward widely)

For the first time in Michigan State history the "Earth Café" will be
coming to the Shaw Hall Lower East Lounge on Earth Day 2006 (Saturday, April
22nd).  Enjoy a free locally produced lunch while exploring ideas revolving
around local and sustainable food sources, consumer culture, and individual
empowerment in today's marketplace.  Activities include a film by local
producer Chris Bedford titled "What Will We Eat?" and a World Café
style dialogue session.

Schedule of Events:

*    1:00 - 2:00  :  Free locally produced lunch
*    2:00 - 2:30  :  Film "What Will We Eat?" by Chris Bedford
*    2:30 - 3:30  :  World Café Dialogue Session
*    3:30 - 4:00  :  Closing Remarks and Discussion

All students and MSU community members are encouraged to attend.  For any
questions about this event e-mail Dolly Shwartz (mailto:[log in to unmask]).