Physical Plant is beginning a project to deploy a mobile application on PDA devices to workers in the field.  Since we are looking at managing a large number of devices, we are looking at centralized management of the mobile devices.  Symbol Technologies produces a product MSP, Mobile Services Platform, that allows you to manage these devices as well as other devices like wireless access points and other mobile devices.  See the link below for a full description.

http://www.symbol.com/products/software/msp.html

The presentation will be  Friday, January 27 10:00 AM in the Physical, Plant Buffington Conference Room (room #26).  If you are interested in attending, please let me know so I can be sure the reserved conference room is large enough to accommodate the number of attendees.

David Vietti
Systems Administration Manager
Michigan State University
Physical Plant Division