Indiana University has this approach.  They provide Symantec AV CE to
all faculty, staff, students and departments free of charge (well, I'm
sure they recoup the cost indirectly).  It is offered as a download off
their IUWare site.  They also offer AdAware SE Plus for free to everyone
for spyware protection.

That being said, I use NOD32 at home and our department is switching
over as well.

Erik

Michael Surato wrote:
> Taking that one step further, isn't in the best interest of departments
> that all computers that connect to your department systems (read: anyone
> in the department that reads department e-mail, looks at files, has VPN
> connection, etc.) from home to have virus-free machines at home.

> |            Michael Surato                 |
> |      Resource Center for Persons          |
> |           with Disabilities               |
> |      Michigan State University            |
> |            120 Bessey Hall                |
> |        East Lansing, MI 48824             |
> | Voice: (517) 353-9643 Fax: (517) 432-3191 |

Erik Selke
Information Technologist
Department of Sociology
316 Berkey Hall