At 11:11 AM 1/18/2006, Wolf, Chris wrote:
>The warning about obsolete browsers does not refer to IE6; it's talking
>about much older versions.  Although IE6 has a few minor CSS bugs, its
>support of CSS is generally very good.
>
>When you're viewing CSS pages, the "ignore font sizes..." may not be the
>best method for getting larger fonts on the screen. Have you tried leaving
>the "ignore font sizes" unchecked and using View, Text Size to make the text
>larger? This method works on both the old and new MSU pages.

That method works on MSU's web site, but I'm not sure it gives me the range of font sizes I really need. It's probably OK, but on the new home page, the submenus on the left are still rather small, even when I select the largest size font.   I wouldn't want to try to do a lot of reading in a font that small.   (Makes me physically ill with even the best monitors.)

More importantly, it doesn't work for way too many other peoples' web sites.  I don't want to change that accessibility option every time I switch to a different web window, so I generally just leave it checked.   It would be nice if that option was a toggle switch on one of IE's menu bars.

John Gorentz