Tell them you will turn in your modem (if you own it), and they will
maybe credit you for a month.

I had the same "problem" trying to terminate my service.  I think I had
to speak to Kevin to get everything straightened out, as Joe was
un-helpful.  Altho I didn't get charged for my move order, I almost
figure breaking-even for my extra month.