I second the bloatware comment.  We here have never been big fans of either Symantec or McAfee for this exact reason (anyone ever had to fix a machine that had Norton SystemWorks installed?).  Over here we use F-Prot Antivirus and have been for about 6 years.  It is a great program for the same reasons mentioned about NOD32, especially the small footprint.  While I am not sure if F-Prot has as high of a stop rate as NOD32, we have never had a problem with any of our PCs as long as they had updated definitions on them.  Besides the price is outstanding in comparison.  I don't have the exact numbers, but if I remember correctly it was ~$5,000 for 3yrs for 1,200 workstations.  Here is there site if anyone wants to check them out: http://www.f-prot.com/index.html.

Stephen Bogdanski           Network Support, MSU-CVM
Michigan State University  [log in to unmask]
A227 VetMed Center         Phone:          (517) 353-5551
East Lansing, MI 48824     Fax:              (517) 432-2937

>>> Margaret Wilson <[log in to unmask]> 10/31/05 08:35PM >>>
I won't requote prices since Peter has done an excellent job of that
already.  :-)  Unlike many antivirus products (especially Symantec) which
have turned into what I call "bloatware" using up a ton of RAM, NOD32 has a
small footprint and is very configurable.  It also updates daily, sometimes
more than once.  I second Peter's wish that MSU would negotiate reduced
rates with Eset.

Regards,

Margaret