This was news on a lot of the online tech sites for the last week or so, but in case anyone didn't see it, there's a link to one of the articles about the Sony DRM software which installs a rootkit on WindowXP machines.  At least one article I've read indicates that there is an effort to see if Sony violated the Computer Fraud and Abuse act with this software...  Since most people don't read the fine print of end user licenes agreements, I don't expect it to get very far.  FYI, especially if you have users in your environment who frequently bring music CDs from home to play on their office PCs and laptops.

John A. Resotko
Head of Systems Administration
Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1300
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836