I have just started using a Dell Axim X51V and am very impressed.  My wife
needed one for her nursing training and my son required one for med. school
and so of course I had to have one also ;-)  MSU have a special on them for
MSU students, faculty and staff on their web site.  The 624MHz model with a
second battery and 2 year advanced warranty is $425 plus tax.  It has a very
sharp 640x480 pixel screen and works as well as anything else with MSU's
wireless Ethernet.  By that I mean that there are sometimes problems getting
the MSU id and password prompt to work but that happens with other equipment
periodically.  Wireless technology can be mysterious sometimes but the Dell
Axim X51V serves particularly well as a wireless debugging tool and has the
most reliable and easy access method for open wireless sites that I have
come across.

The Dell Axim X51V is the first PDA that I have used which can realistically
be used to access MSU web mail, MSU POP3 mail, popular web pages, and remote
servers via terminal sessions.  The hand writing recognition is quite
amazing and I particularly like the Windows Media player for music files.
I'm not sure why but it sounds much better than other MP3 players that I
have checked out.  I have not tested it out but there is also an adapter
that you can purchase which enables the PDA to connect to a VGA screen or
projector for PowerPoint presentations etc.  If it had a built in cell phone
it would be perfect but I guess we'll have to wait until next year for that.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=X51V62
4_D2&s=dhs

P.S. be careful how you purchase this  - the MSU web site is the best,
followed by the Dell home user web site.  The same model will cost much more
at the Dell small business web site.  Go figure...