We have been doing OK with Symantec here in LIR (about 80 computers). I
can't think of any virus infections for several years, except on home
computers with no or outdated protection. But I would agree that it
isn't the greatest product (bloat and poor communications about
critical security patches).

We do have lots of spyware issues...
How does Nod32, Trend Micro or F-Prot deal with spyware?  I was happy
to see that Symantec finally started including checks for spyware over
the last year, but they don't do such a great job.

We are thinking about buying a Spysweeper license (about $14/pc for two
years of coverage).

-John