First you need hardware that can actually access the drive. If you can
not hook it up to a pc or other device that can recognize the drive,
then you're out of luck for the things you can do yourself.

Try taking the drive out of the enclosure it is in, and plugging it in
like an internal drive.

If you can plug it into a pc, and the OS recognizes the drive, then you
might have a chance at getting something back. This method should work
if nothing is physically wrong with the actual drive. If the drive is
failing, then your options dwindle down to a few expensive solutions
which someone else can point you to. I don't remember the name of the
company people on campus have used in the past, but you're looking for
someone who deals with disaster recovery.