This is referring to CALEA, I believe.  The target is VOIP traffic, not
e-mail, as erroneously reported by various media, including the NY Times
and the State News.  Right now, there is much discussion going on, and
we really don't know what this might imply for compliance.  For now, we
will wait until the issue is clarified before deciding whether we need
to spend millions of dollars to restructure our network for compliance.

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Manager		 |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Computing and Network Services	 |  Ph: (517) 353-2980